If you or your organization are interested in joining, please read below for more information on the benefits and membership levels.
Benefits: MCAN connects stakeholders that provide college access and success programming with allies, best practice conferences, and tools and resources for increasing postsecondary opportunity for Montana’s students. Some other benefits of joining MCAN are:
Discounts on MCAN sponsored professional development and training events, such as the MCAN Annual Conference;
- Access to National College Access Network member’s only tools and resources;
- Early access to newly published documents like the MCAN Gap Analysis;
- Opportunity to participate in MCAN’s Steering Committee and Committee work groups;
- Subscription to MCAN’s quarterly newsletter;
- Access to the MCAN member directory;
- Access to member-only resources on the MCAN website;
- Organizational listing on the MCAN website;
- Opportunities for organizational collaboration and peer networking;
- Ability to post job and volunteer opportunities to the MCAN website.
- Individual – $25 annually for individual membership.
- Organizational – $250 annually for those agencies, institutions, associations and organizations whose employees participate in MCAN. For example, existing organizational members include Montana GEAR UP, the Institute for Educational Opportunities, and the Office of Public Instruction. Benefits include:
- One voting position on the steering committee, nominated by the organization.
- Appointed representatives from the organization listed on MCAN’s membership.
- Association – $5 annually per individual. Association memberships differ from organizational memberships in that associations share MCAN’s mission, but do not pay the organizational fee. MCAN offers this form of membership to associations—for example, the Montana School Counselor Association and the Montana Association of Financial Aid Administrators—and any other such associations that may determine this membership level preferable to organizational affiliation. Associations may choose to allow individual members to join MCAN for a $5 annual fee per person. Associations may have representation on MCAN’s Steering Committee through the nomination of an individual. Benefits include:
- One voting position on the steering committee for an individual nominated by the association.
- Members listed on MCAN’s membership (identified by the association).